Contrary to appearances, leading a healthy lifestyle is not easy. It is not limited to physical activity and diet. Health is a fairly broad concept. It includes both the physical and the mental part, which interact and, in a way, are dependent on each other. It’s hard to consider a person who sticks to a balanced diet, but does not sleep half a night of stress as completely healthy. Check how to lead a healthy lifestyle and what is worth paying attention to!
First, change your habits!
The first thing you can do to improve your health and well-being is to change your habits and daily routine. It is worth changing things that adversely affect your mental and physical condition. For some, it may be too late to go to bed (sleep deficit), too long and frequent watching TV, high-calorie snacks (empty calories), drinking alcohol, smoking, etc. Unfortunately, despite the growing awareness, still too many people do not care about healthy habits. The so-called fast life and the pursuit of money often make you forget about yourself and your health.
When making changes, start with the general idea. To feel better, you need to eat healthy, exercise regularly, drink plenty of water a day and reduce stress as much as possible. It is he who is responsible for many diseases (including autoimmune diseases), energy reduction and poor mental state.
Balance is the key to success
To live a healthy life, you need to maintain your natural balance. It concerns both the balance in life and the balance of vitamins, minerals and other ingredients in the diet. For starters, try:
- Exercise for a minimum of 45 minutes four / five times a week.
- Drink at least 2.5 liters of still water a day.
- Eat 5-6 small meals a day, avoid overeating and starving. It’s a good idea to introduce lean meat, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, nuts, andinto your diet superfoods (ginger, garlic, CBD hemp seeds, avocado, etc.).
- Avoid saturated fat, cholesterol, salt and sugar in the diet.
- Change unhealthy snacks to vegetables, fruits, smoothies, and nuts.
- Avoid watching TV for too long (especially in the evening). Ventilate bedrooms well and go to bed early. Sleep affects not only well-being, but also immunity. Try to sleep 7-8 hours.
The well-known Polish saying „in a healthy body, healthy spirit” is completely true. To maintain a healthy lifestyle, it is essential to control your diet, exercise and emotions. Yoga and meditation classes are a very effective combination of both. Positive thinking, the ability to forgive and accept failure, peace, openness to people and gratitude are also very important. Contrary to appearances, it is from such seemingly small matters that the spiritual interior of a man consists.
Through the stomach to health
At each stage of life, man has different requirements and needs in terms of optimal nutrition. For example, infants may initially need to be fed every 2 hours, until they eat less often and become more receptive to solids over time. Older people have lower caloric requirements than adolescents. It is similar with women and men – their required daily calories are different. In order to take care of healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle, first of all you should eat „clean”. Most of the foods you eat should consist of healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
Healthy lifestyle = physical activity
Any physical activity (it can be calming and leisurely yoga as well as fitness classes) contributes significantly to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Lack of exercise can manifest itself in problems with metabolism, immunity, lead to obesity, and all this, in turn, increases the risk of diseases that are dangerous to health.
Regular exercise, such as Nordic walking, or a simple long walk in the fresh air can also prevent age-related decline in muscle mass and strength, and improve balance, flexibility and endurance in the elderly.
Even moderate exercise can help prevent coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure. Movement also affects bone density – so it can help prevent osteoporosis. Ultimately, regular exercise can help increase self-esteem and confidence, reduce stress and anxiety, improve mood and overall mental health.
Stress Your Enemy – 6 Ways to Soothe Your Spirit
Stress can have many causes. In the modern world, however, it is most often caused by the ubiquitous pressure coming from various aspects of life (not only work). In these situations, the body begins to produce cortisol. The stress hormone itself is not bad – it activates the body to a „fight” state. This can be called motivating stress, which sometimes helps us stay strong for the so-called. flight or fight. The longer exposure to stress, the greater the amount of cortisol. Such a long-term excess of this hormone is neither positive nor even healthier.
Stress affects the body in many ways: both physically and emotionally. However, there are a few simple tips that can help you get rid of the burdensome stress and stay healthy.
- Healthy eating replenishes the body with the essential element – magnesium, which is famous for the fact that it naturally supports the fight against stress. It also reduces the body’s susceptibility to its effects.
- Reducing smoking and drinking alcohol also solves many problems related to stress, or worse – addiction. Stimulants usually multiply problems – put the „drink” aside to relax and replace it with, for example, an infusion of hemp leaves or yerba mate.
- Exercise and the endorphins produced during it are a natural remedy for relieving tension and stress. Sometimes it doesn’t take much – all you need is a lonely, long walk in the fresh air to soothe your shattered nerves.
- Prioritize. Separate responsibility for the things you have influence over and don’t worry about the things you have no control over. If you work for a long time without a vacation, take a break and rest.
- Consider practicing calming and balancing your body and mind. It involves paying attention to thoughts and feelings in a way that increases our ability to cope with difficult situations and make wise choices
- Lack of sleep promotes feelings of stress. Sleep at least 7 hours a day.
There are many aspects to a healthy lifestyle. It’s hard to enter all of them at once, but each small step brings you closer to health – which is the most precious thing you have and one of those you can really easily lose. Take care of yourself.